As Wailea photographers who absolutely love maternity shoots, we’ve compiled a list of the best babymoon ideas on Maui for all the expecting families out there!
A babymoon is a vacation taken during pregnancy to celebrate some quality time with your spouse (or with yourself!) before the baby is born. Babymoon-ing is a newer trend that has been quickly growing in popularity. It’s a great way to relax and mentally prepare for the new addition to the family.
When deciding the best places to babymoon, Hawaii is a popular choice—and with good reason! This is especially true for those living in the USA for the ease of travel since, of course, traveling far distances isn’t always fun when you’re pregnant.
On top of Hawaii being an easy and safe place to visit while pregnant, it’s also stunningly beautiful and full of amazing things to see and do. Whether you’re still feeling quite active at this stage of your pregnancy or you’re more interested in just relaxing and pampering yourself, Hawaii has it all!
When it comes to places to babymoon in Hawaii, Maui is at the top of our list. Maui is the second-largest island in Hawaii and it’s absolutely stunning and filled with spectacular places to stay and things to do during a babymoon.
And that’s exactly what this blog is all about—the best babymoon ideas in Maui, Hawaii!
Best Babymoon Ideas in Maui, Hawaii
In this blog, we’re going to dish out the best babymoon ideas on Maui, including:
- What to bring for your Maui babymoon
- Maui resorts, hotels, and other places to stay during your babymoon
- Best babymoon activities on Maui
- Take beach babymoon portraits
- Visit an amazing Maui restaurant
- Go for a walk along the ocean
- Go on an easy hike
- Go snorkeling at the beach
- Drive to the summit of Haleakala
- Go on a boat tour
- Check out a traditional Luau
- Relax on a beautiful Maui beach
- Book a pregnancy massage
- Enjoy refreshing mocktails
- Relax by the pool
- Go shopping for baby
- And more!
What to Pack for Your Babymoon on Maui
Before we dive into what to do on your vacay, let’s talk about what to bring on your babymoon on Maui so that you can be perfectly prepared!
What to pack when flying while pregnant:
- A neck pillow
- A refillable water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Healthy snacks
- Compression socks
- Anti-nausea meds (I loved Hana Tonic during my pregnancy!)
- A shawl or blanket scarf
- A comfortable outfit and layers (your temperature can fluctuate when pregnant)
- A belly band
- Heartburn medication
- A doctor’s note (depending on your airline and phase of pregnancy)
- Health and insurance documents
- Prenatal vitamins and any other medication
- Medical notes and your doctor’s emergency contact information
- A book (great time to catch up on those baby books!)
- An easy-to-carry suitcase with wheels
What to pack for a beach babymoon:
- At least one bathing suit – support a local Hawaii business and shop custom Kaikini bikinis!
- Comfortable and breathable maternity outfits
- Comfortable shoes, including a pair of flip flops / slippas!
- A beach cover-up
- Long, flowy dresses
- An easy-to-pack warm layer (especially if planning a drive up Haleakala)
- A sun hat
- Reef-friendly sunscreen – this is so important! Sunscreens that contain the chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate are banned in Hawaii.
Be sure to speak to your doctor before booking your trip to make sure that it’s the best choice for you to travel while pregnant.
Places to Stay During Your Maui Babymoon
First, you’ll have to decide where to stay on Maui on your babymoon! As a top tourist destination, Maui is full of incredible places to stay.
Where you choose to stay will depend on your preferences and vision for your trip. However, we recommend choosing a place that will contribute to the relaxing and pampering nature of your vacation.
Here are some of the best Maui resorts and hotels for your babymoon:
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- Hotel Wailea: Romantic boutique accommodation for couples
- Kapalua Bay by Montage Hotels
- Hawaii Regency Maui Resort and Spa
- Westin Maui Resort and Spa by Marriott
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Resort and Spa by Marriott
- The Ritz-Carlton Maui
Looking for a more independent experience? Stay with our friends at these sweet spots located very close to where we photograph our babymoon portraits!
- Little Condo on Maui: Epic little vacation spot perfect for plant lovers, with a boho beach vibe
- Forever Sunday Condo: Perfectly postitioned in the heart of Wailea
Best Babymoon Activities on Maui
Alright, now it’s time for the fun stuff! When building your babymoon on Maui itinerary, make sure to include some of these awesome activities.
Beach Babymoon Portraits with Love + Water
One of the absolute best ideas for a babymoon on Maui is to book a maternity session on the beach!
We might be a tad biased, but seeing how excited our clients are when they get their babymoon photos shows us how very special this experience is. It’s a fun and memorable way to celebrate this incredible phase of life, and you’ll end up with gorgeous photos to cherish for a lifetime.
Booking a babymoon portrait session on Maui is something you definitely won’t regret!
What to Wear for Babymoon Photos on Maui
Wondering what to wear for beach babymoon photos on Maui? Here’s our advice:
- A long, flowy dress that accentuates your bump – like one of our Kasia Kulenty rental gowns!
- Light, breathable, comfortable fabrics
- A bikini for your maternity session that is both belly-friendly and flattering
- A cute bathing suit cover-up
When it comes to what to wear for Maui beach portraits in terms of color, we recommend choosing clothing that both flatters your complexion and complements the iconic, dreamy Hawaiian skies and sea.
At Love + Water Photography, we offer a selection of beautiful Kasia Kulenty rental gowns that are perfect for maternity photo outfits.
If you’re interested in purchasing your babymoon photoshoot outfit after you arrive, here are some great places to shop on Maui for your maternity session.
Maui Restaurants to Visit on Your Hawaiian Babymoon
Traveling can really build up an appetite—especially now that you’re eating for two!
Here are some great restaurants on Maui to try on your babymoon:
- Maui Ono Donuts for delicious, whimsical, plant-based donuts.
- Donut Dynamite Maui for more tasty craft donuts made with local ingredients.
- Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop in Olowalu, Maui for the best “glorified grandma comfort food”.
- Ululani’s Maui for refreshing Hawaiian shave ice.
- Merriman’s Maui for locally-sourced Hawaii Regional Cuisine.
- Mama’s Fish House Maui for a taste of Polynesia (pre-book before your trip!).
- Star Noodle Maui for Asian-inspired share plates and noodles.
- Kimo’s Maui for “legendary Lahaina dining”, including their famous Hula Pie.
- Hula Grill Kaanapali for a true taste of Maui delivered by local fishermen and farms.
- Kihei Caffe for tasty mochi pancakes.
Outdoor Activities to Experience on Your Hawaiian Babymoon
One of the wonderful things about visiting Maui is getting to enjoy all the nature and sunshine!
That being said, remember not to overdo it and to choose activities that are comfortable for you at your stage of pregnancy. Schedule lots of downtime for relaxation in between more rigorous activities!
- Go for a walk along the ocean on the Wailea Beach Path.
- Go on an easy hike on Maui if safe during your stage of pregnancy.
- Go snorkeling at a beach in Wailea.
- Drive to the summit of Haleakala for a beautiful sunrise.
- Enjoy a scenic drive on the Road to Hana.
- Take a Maui boat tour for ocean-life sightings or a memorable dining experience.
- Immerse yourself in the culture at a traditional Maui Luau.
- Relax on one of the many beautiful beaches on Maui!
Relaxing activities to enjoy on your Babymoon in Wailea, Maui.
Remember to schedule some serious relaxation time during your Maui babymoon! Once baby comes, relaxation can be hard to come by. Now is your time to soak it all in!
Here are some relaxing babymoon activities in Wailea, Maui:
- Enjoy a pregnancy massage at Wailea Healing Center.
- Go on a hunt for the most refreshing mocktail.
- Enjoy a day of pampering at one of the many amazing spas in Wailea.
- Relax at the pool or on the beach at your resort.
- Do some shopping at Wailea baby stores such as Pineapple Patch and Droplets.
Enjoy Your Babymoon in Maui, Hawaii!
The most important thing to remember when planning your Maui babymoon is to enjoy every minute of it! Leave some time for spontaneity and relaxation, enjoy all the amazing food, spend quality time together, and don’t forget to document the amazing memories.
If you’re interested in booking a babymoon photography session in Wailea during your trip, we invite you to view our portfolio and contact us if you’d like to work together. We would love to capture these incredible moments for you, and are happy to answer any other questions you might have about your babymoon on Maui!
[…] Maui is also one of the best places to go on your babymoon thanks to its short traveling distance from most states, beautiful weather, relaxing atmosphere, and incredible culture. Check out our list of the best things to do on your babymoon on Maui! […]